Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mascara I Love & Tricks to Applying

Every single day, at least 5 people... whether it be a friend, a family member, a customer or a waitress at a random restaurant (...etc)... tell me how much they love my eyelashes and want to know what I use. So I'm letting you in on my two favorite mascaras of all time! I swear, if they ever discontinue either of these, I don't even know what I would do! The first one is very inexpensive and the other was my first love until I realized I couldn't pay for it everytime I needed mascara (I go through it like candy). So I only buy the second one here when I feel like treating myself!

Now, bare in mind that just one coat of any mascara isn't going to do much. People have the expectation that if they buy the mascara I use and put one coat on, their eyelashes will suddenly fling out like peacock feathers. I'm sorry, that is not going to happen. To get your eyelashes to look full and long, you must use a few coats.

The trick to applying mascara isn't too hard, but might require some patience. First, when applying mascara, make sure your head is tilted back for the top lashes and downwards for the bottom lashes. This will ensure no oopsies on your eyelids or under your eyes. Next, take the brush and start the application at the base of your lashes and slightly wiggle the brush back and forth as you work your way up (or down if you're working on your bottom lashes). You do this to make sure all your lashes are evenly coated and there are no clumps. When applying, I usually start at the center of my lashes, then do the inner corner of my eye, and then outer corner. Do the same for the other eye. It's important to remember, if you want to use more than one coat, be sure the previous coat is completely dry before applying the next. Also, always apply mascara in the direction your lashes go. For example: if you're at the center, apply straight up (or down); inner corner, apply towards your nose; outer corner, apply towards your temples (or cheekbones for the bottom). Do this until your little heart is satisfied!

*For any of you that have the unforunate disadvantage of having eyelashes that naturally go straight out instead of up: use an eyelash curler for 10 to 15 seconds before applying your mascara.*


There, now you have my tricks and it's time to meet your new best friends!


{Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara, $6 at Wal-Mart}






{fresh Supernova Mascara, $25 at Sephora}

No comments:

Post a Comment