Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Golden Globes - Best & Worst Dressed

Overall the 2012 Golden Globe Awards was a major hit. This year I feel like there was definitely more "Best Dressed" than "Worst Dressed" for sure. Let's review my picks for Best & Worst...

Best:

Nicole Kidman
Nicole looks absolutely rockin' in this Zac Posen gown. Fits her amazingly & she couldn't have selected a better one!

Sofia Vergara

One of the "big-hits" hits this year was the mermaid gowns. Almost every woman was wearing one. The color of this Vera Wang gown is beautiful & fits Sophia like a glove.

Reese Witherspoon 

This gown by Zac Posen worn by Reese is by far my pick for Best Dressed. Reese looks better than she has in a long time. The color looks gorgeous on her!

Worst:

Natalie Portman

I'm sorry... a lot of people have this on their Best Dressed list & I do not agree at all. This gown is by Lanvin. I don't mind The hot pink with touches of red, but only when it's in the right ensemble. Plus, does she need an extra butt/hip? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Jessica Biel

Jessica is wearing a gown by Elie Saab. I have no idea what she was thinking. Hair & makeup is absolutely flawless. I love lace... but not quite like this. By far the worst in my book.

Sarah Michelle Gellar

OK. So... I truly think Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the most naturally beautiful woman ever. However, this is is a disaster! I actually like the colors in this Monique Lhuillier gown, and of course, the Jimmy Choo shoes. But I don't know about letting your 2 year old daughter picking it out. I mean, it's adorable to let her in on it, but bad choice to do so.


There you have it. My list of Best & Worst dressed. As I mentioned before, a lot of gowns were mermaid style. Along with gorgeous jewel tones. Lots of yellows, reds, plums & emeralds. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Way to go 2012 Golden Globes. Next review: the Oscars! :)

{All photos found at The Hollywood Reporter via Getty Images}



xo TL

No comments:

Post a Comment