Friday, November 5, 2010

Julie (pt 1 - Materials/Ext. Fabric)

Hey there!! Decided to show off some starter images of my cousin's bag!! After a lot of back & forth & trying to find the right fabric, we've finally got it! This bag is going to be a medium-sized crossbody bag!

It's funny... I get so excited to make bags, that whenever I begin the pressing & cutting process, I think to myself, 'Is it done yet?' I just get so hyped up & can't wait until it's finished & into the arms of the owner! Ha!

Ok, I guess you can call it impatience... afterall, it is my middle name. But this is impatience in a very good way, I promise! :)

Above: The materials! We e-mailed back & forth while I got all of the information & details of the bag she wants (she lives in Texas). Then, she picked out the exterior fabric online & I got the rest of the materials in town. As you can see, there are two different shades of brown in the exterior fabric (technically 3 if you count the light tan/khaki color). So while I was picking out the interior fabric for the lining, I decided to go with the medium, more rich brown. I tend to pick the lining color based on what color there is less of in the exterior fabric. (Does that make sense?) This way, it really makes that color POP! It's important to not go all cliche here. I didn't want to go with the black (which is actually the color that is the most sparce), because that would've been way too dark & dramatic. We are drama-free here people! :)

This is just a little snipit of the designing & measurement process. I usually change measurements & the placement of things about 100 times before I'm done. This is because I have to account for every little piece I'll be using; everything has to equal out! I'll have to post an image of my book now, so you can see what it looks like! I also color-code everything as I finish that task. A wee bit freaky, I suppose. :)

Here, all of the exterior pieces are cut!
Clockwise starting from upper left: Main body of the bag, exterior/interior pockets, strap, bag flap enclosure & bottom panel.

Off to do more work! :) More images real soon!

Have a wonderful weekend! Have fun for me, because I'm working aaallll weekend! ..yaayy.. ;)

xo TL

No comments:

Post a Comment